Monday, October 7, 2013

"Rigatoni Stuff" - A Childhood Favorite

When my sister and I were little, my Mom made this dish (often) that we lovingly referred to as "Rigatoni Stuff."  We loved it and to this day I still love it and consider it to be one of my favorite "comfort foods."  When Mom would ask us what we wanted to have for our birthday dinners, and even birthday parties, "Rigatoni Stuff" was most often the answer. 

I love to cook and usually can create pretty good, complex dishes that "Make you wanna slap your Momma!"  However, sometimes simple is the best route, especially with small kids.  When I make this dish, I get a very similar reaction from my kids and I find it to be so... special.  I mean, traditions are great, even if it's a simple food dish.  I wanted to share this dish because it is so simple and a family favorite. 

Here's what you will need:

1 box of rigatoni noodes (cooked as directed on box)
1 pack of Johnsonville SWEET ITALIAN brats. 
1 large jar of Ragu SUPER CHUNKY MUSHROOM
1-2 cups of shredded Mozzarella (we use 2 because we LOVE cheese!)

Steps (SO FAST & EASY)

1.  Cook the noodles as directed on the box. 
2.  Slice brats and cook in a pan over med/high heat until browned.
3.  Mix sauce and sausage with cooked noodles in a 9x13 baking dish.
4.  Cover with mozzarella cheese.
5.  Bake at 425° about 15-20 minutes (until cheese is nice and melted.

This is also a good "Make Ahead Meal."  Simply follow steps 2-3, only instead of putting it in a baking dish, you put it in a freezer bag.  Freeze. When ready to cook it, Make the noodles, mix sauce and sausage from freezer bag with the cooked noodles in a baking dish, top with cheese, bake, and VOILA!

Look at the Cheesy  Deliciousness!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment