Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Crazy Hormones & Being a "Soccer Mom"

So, since having Jaxon (3 years ago), sometimes I feel like a hormonal basket case! I mean the smallest things set me off and I find myself just tearing up for odd reasons. My husband says it best when he says, "You are a MESS."  Haha, lovingly of course.  One of my biggest fears in life is that something will happen to my kids or to me and I won't be able to watch them grow and meet my grandchildren, and so on.  (Something happening to Chris is also a fear, obviously).  I think it is "survivor's guilt.  Since I have lost both my brother and sister, I have this nagging feeling sometimes that there must be something wrong with me.  I go to the doctor for dizziness and prepare myself for a cancer diagnosis.  I mean.. I seriously do this.

Either way, every time I go to a dance recital of Harlee's, I tear up for no reason.  Even when I am watching performances that she is not in, I tear up just watching the little girls dance.  When Jaxon went for his first day of 3K, I teared up (which is more normal I think).  But then, last night I was at Harlee's soccer practice.  This is something that I do twice a week and then a game on Fridays.  Nothing new. But last night was different.  I was watching as she helped her team win a "soccer relay race" and when she was 2 people away from her "running & dribbling the ball" bit, my heart started racing and I became instantly nervous for her.  I wanted her to nail it, I didn't want her team to be upset with her, I wanted her to be proud of herself as much as I was already proud of her.  It was her turn. The ball was passed to her and she dribbled it right down the field, around the cone, back to the front of the line, picked the ball up and handed it over her head to the next in line.  Just.Like.She.Was.Supposed.To.  Then the waterworks.  I was so happy, so proud... so excited that I couldn't hold them back. It wasn't a loud cry. In fact, I didn't make a sound, but I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I might add, that earlier that day, she won an award at school for being "Terrific Kid" which is an honor she gets quite often.  

Tomorrow, we are going to her first concert to see one of her favorite bands - The Band Perry.  I cannot wait and cannot think of a more deserving 7 year old.  Sure, she is not perfect.  She talks back sometimes, whines sometimes and complains when she has to do her chores.. But I think that comes with being a 7 year old girl.  I know God has big plans for Harlee and I can't wait to see what they are!




















No comments:

Post a Comment